How to Float
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I bring
A: Just yourself! We provide all that you need to float - toiletries for the shower before and after, towels, earplugs and music. You can bring personal toiletries and music if you wish.
Q: How is the tank cleaned and maintained?
A: The tank is cleaned after every floatation session by pumping the water through a filter, which removes any particles. Then we use a food grade hydrogen peroxide, which acts like chlorine without chemical residue, to further sterilize the tank. Additionally, Epsom salt is a natural cleanser that kills bacteria.
Q: Can I float if I have a small cut?
A: Small cuts and scrapes may sting for a moment when entering the water, but that should quickly subside. If you have a large cut or scrape, then we recommend you wait until it's healed before floating.
Q: Will I be enclosed in the tank?
A: Yes, the tank is a closed, comfortable environment. You can choose to float with lights on or off. The door to the tank easily opens with a one-finger push. Air is constantly circulating through a vent near the top. Since you are more above the water, keeping the door closed maintains a warmer environment for floating.
Q: When should I NOT float?
A: Please do not use the float tank if you:
- Have an infectious disease including cold or flu
- Have an open skin area such as cuts, burns, rashes or hemorrhoids
- Have a history of ear problems or balance conditions
- Suffer from seizures or have had a recent concussion
- Experience flatulence or incontinence
- Have had psychotic episodes and are not under medical care
- Are under the influence of an intoxicating substance
- Are menstruating
- Are using a hair/body product that cannot be completely washed off and may alter tank water
- Note that the tank water may fade recently dyed hair
- Clients with limited mobility/physical disabilities should not use the tank
Q: How many float tanks do you have? Can more than 1 person float at a time?
A: We have 1 tank and so only 1 person can float at a time. Float appointments may be scheduled back to back and some people get a massage while waiting. This is a great way to enhance the benefits of floating.
Q: What if I still have questions?
A: Please call us to ask!